BUILDING MY STUDIO WORK CENTRE (DESK) pt. 1

The time has finally come for me to abandon my "still faithful" yet tiny and old Computer Desk - in favour of something: slightly menacing in design, inspiring to the eyes that gaze upon its beauty, equipped with awesome dimensions for the placement of things... But most of all... birthed into existence specifically to..  **this is where that loud thunderous voice of Zeus changes into that not-soo-loud or thunderous voice of Gary B. Snail (if you have no clue who that is.. for fuck's sake.. have someone pay for quality cable on your behalf! and also... stop living in a cave!!)** .. deceive those that see it - into thinking: "ISH3000 is seriously serious about being SERIOUS".

Truth is, I just got bored with everything!! So I figured - why not treat this "mental block moment" as a TRANSITIONAL period - a point in time that doesn't require me to be super creative!!!  That way, I wouldn't feel guilty about my lazy procrastinating self... Kinda like taking a break in-between a break while attempting to break a record of most breaks taken while breaking a record doing that - while sleeping! So in the middle of that weeded out session, I designed the desk and set out to score some price quotes.

Initially, I was supposed to run outta steam and just give up a week going from when the idea first hit, but being an impulsive bastard can be a nasty ass thing! FULL STEAM AHEAD!! Yelled the voice inside my head - the voice of Zapp Brannigan.

Two months later, I was dead-set on completing this project (a good way to keep oneself distracted from the horrible truth that your life really sucks giraffe's unshaven balls) - at this point, my only major fear was that the carpenters would not fully understanding my vis..hallucinations ... and YES! they NEVER understood my vision! Monotony (like being impulsive) is another nasty ass mother fucker!! Do the same shit for soo long and your creativity just dies like a rose in the desert - because you get tunnelled into doing one thing on repeat! Anyhoo, I was available on-sight to supervise - just like I did when I wanted the pyramids built. I should also add that: a further motivational boost came from the fact that my estimates were beyond what the final quotes came down to. So yeeeeeeeeyyyyyy - giraffe balls for dinner tonight bruh!!! 

Soo.. where are we? Part one: The build, alot of cutting and measuring and then cutting some more... using cutting edge saws... or not... I was making changes (subtle ones.. Nothing major) to my design. I was using my old desk as a reference: just add a few centimetres here and there, adjust the hight etc,  and also "placement" -  WHERE I wanted what to be and HOW I wanted it to be.. The beauty of learning from previous errors - my previous adapters and extension ports where far at the back making it an arduous task when rerouting cables and shit... So this time I would have them much closer in front but done neatly.

PART TWO.... coming soon... I think.. Maybe!

ISH3000 - THE BEATMAKER
visit my pages: keyword: ISH3000


**grammatical errors exist because - I hate to make you feel bad that you are the only one that fucks up when typing out shit... So I left the errors on here so that you can feel smart by pointing out my mistakes... That's how much I love all you suckers out there.. Now give me my 15min of fame **
Laters!

Comments

Popular Posts